1. How long have you been doing triathlons?
My first Tri was August of 2015 at Presque Isle. I bought a road bike on a whim, then decided to give tri’s a shot.
2. What are the awards that you are most proud of from your triathlon career?
I’m happy to have placed in my age group at all the sprint distance races I have completed.
3. What do you enjoy most about triathlons?
I love the challenge and being able to constantly push myself, but it wouldn’t be nearly as fun without the people I’ve met along the way.
4. Do you have any training tips for your fellow ETC members and tri newbies?
I’m by no means an expert, but I’ve experienced the difference that REALLY practicing your transitions can make. Set everything out in the order you will put it on, and practice several times, just like you would do it on race day. If you have the chance, get on the course prior to race day.
5. What has been one of your favorite races and why?
I think Edinboro is my favorite. There is good energy there and always a decent amount of representation from ETC.
6. What would we find in your refrigerator/cupboards right now?
I’m pretty boring and a creature of habit when it comes to food. I eat some type of oatmeal every day for breakfast, I go through tubs of plain Greek yogurt like crazy, fresh pineapple, and always some type of meats.
7. If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be?
If it’s tri-related I’d like a force field that forces cars to actually give us 4 feet of space on the road.
8. Is there anything else that you would like to add
Take part in as many ETC workouts as possible. Everyone is encouraging and willing to share their knowledge to help each other out!
ETC Member of the Month